This January, fans worldwide will gather to celebrate the life and legacy of one of music’s most influential artists, Elvis Presley, on his 80th birthday. With more than 18 number one hits and 150 albums, the “King of Rock ‘N Roll” has paved the way for many of today’s mainstream performers. Music aficionados can continue the celebration by exploring the melodic styling’s of the Southeast with Collette’s “America’s Music Cities” tour as it spotlights the hometowns of great musical talents like Elvis, Louie Armstrong and B.B. King.
“Music is a language that everyone understands and guests from all walks of life will appreciate the history and culture of each of the three musical destinations found on this experience,” says Kristine Chochrek, Collette’s vice president of marketing. “With special backstage access and tours led by local musicians, travelers ‘Can’t Help Falling in Love’ with music all over again.”
Collette’s eight-day “America’s Music Cities” spans three major musical hubs including Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans to offer a mix of sights and sounds from region. Guests will visit the beloved King’s 14-acre Graceland estate; take in a performance and backstage tour at the renowned Grand Ole Opry; record a hit at the historic RCA Studio B, Nashville’s oldest remaining studio where Elvis, Dolly Parton and Charlie Pride recorded classic hits; peruse the vast collection of music memorabilia at the Country Music Hall of Fame; share stories with local Memphis musicians as they lead the group the city’s highlights; prepare a traditional Cajun and Creole-inspired cuisine at the New Orleans School of Cooking; and journey through Louisiana’s swamp country by boat.
Tour departures being January 25, 2015 through April 2016. Tour prices begin at $2,099 for land only, per person, double occupancy.
For more information and to book available tours, contact a travel agent or call 1-800-340-5158, or visit www.gocollette.com.
Collette is having a “sail” on select river cruises! Book now and save $1000 per cabin on select departure dates! These unique tours feature small, intimate vessels for a more personal experience as you travel through a variety of waterways. Experience the best of both land and sea as you sail past breathtaking scenery aboard your luxury cruise ship, pausing along the way in quaint villages and lively cities. Cruise through five countries in the heart of Europe on the relaxing Legendary Waterways of Europe tour, experience the color and glory of spring on the Springtime Tulip River Cruise, or sail past breathtaking scenery on a timeless trip down the Danube River. The possibilities are endless on tour with Collette. Don’t miss out on experiencing these exciting river cruise tours for a great price, space is filling quickly!
Don’t miss the opportunity to experience these one-of-a-kind river cruising tours:
• Legendary Waterways of Europe, 16 days starting at $5049 – 5/1/15 & 5/15/15 Departures
• Springtime Tulip River Cruise, 9 days starting at $2049 – 3/21/15 Departure
• Classic Danube, 11 days starting at $2949 – 4/20/15 Departures
Departures are limited and space is filling quickly. To book your tour, see your travel professional, visit www.gocollette.com, or call 855-370-8687.
*Rates are per person, land only, double occupancy.
For those seeking a quick getaway, Crystal Cruises has curated a number of shorter, convenient 5- to 9-day itineraries that showcase favorite must-see destinations. Plus, take advantage of special low limited-time Book Now fares when you book by March 2, 2015!
Sail to classic destinations and indulge in all Crystal has to offer including:
- Limited-time Book Now Cruise-Only Fares from just $1,730 per person
- Complimentary select fine wines, champagne and premium spirits.
- Complimentary gratuities for all dining, bar, housekeeping and Penthouse butler staff.
- Complimentary evening of specialty restaurant dining at least once in Silk Road or the Sushi Bar celebrating the cuisine of Nobu Matsuhisa, and at least once in Prego. Additional reservations or visits available for a modest fee*.
- Complimentary enrichment via the innovative Creative Learning Institute® and the Computer University@Sea® with classes in diverse topics such as world affairs, art, wine appreciation, digital photography and iPad filmmaking.
- Complimentary fitness programs with classes in yoga, mat Pilates, Spinning®, and so much more!
Read more at Crystal Cruises website
Norwegian’s Freestyle Choice gives you more choices than ever before when booking an Oceanview Stateroom or higher. Choose one, two or three of the offers when you book any destination in an Oceanview Stateroom or higher. You’re free to choose when you Cruise Like a Norwegian®.
Choose From THESE GREAT OFFERS:
FREE DINING PACKAGE
- Eat at one of Norwegian Cruise Line’s award winning specialty restaurants every night of your cruise.
UP TO $300 ONBOARD CREDIT
- Oceanview, Balcony, Mini-Suite: $200 Onboard Credit
- Suites & Haven: $300 Onboard Credit
FREE BEVERAGE PACKAGE
- Can we buy you a drink? How about all of them? Get free glasses of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, juices, and soda for your entire cruise vacation.
- Guests 3-4 in stateroom receive free soda package.
BOOK THE HAVEN OR A SUITE AND GET ALL 3 OFFERS VALUED AT UP TO $2,000!
Find out more Here!
12 January 2015 – Cunard has commenced its 175th anniversary year with a spectacular start, as fireworks and marching bands marked the departure of Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth on their World Voyages this weekend. A magnificent year of celebrations is planned, with special features on board, a top-flight line-up of celebrity speakers and a series of World Class events and commemorative sailings in place for 2015.
Holland America Summer Upgrade Event
Book a select Summer 2015 cruise and receive*:
- Free Stateroom Upgrade
- 50% reduced deposit*
- Up to 10% off select Shore Excursions*
- FREE or reduced fares for 3rd/4th guests*
Book a suite and on top of the above receive:
- US$300 onboard spending credit per stateroom*
- FREE Wine Navigator Package (three bottles)*
- Two FREE soda cards (value up to $100 per stateroom)*
Find out more at the Holland America Ready Set Sail page
Now That the Holidays are Over, It’s Time to Get Away!
Now that the stress of the holidays has passed, give yourself the gift of travel with Collette! Now’s the time to escape the winter months and treat yourself to a tropical adventure! Relax on the beach or explore breathtaking scenery on tour. Discover Panama, a country of lush rainforests, rich history, diverse wildlife and spectacular coastlines. Visit Costa Rica and enjoy the tropical landscapes, breathtaking forests, stunning waterfalls, and exotic wildlife. Have the adventure of a lifetime in the sun-drenched Hawaiian Islands. Check out some of these winter escapes today!
Tropical Costa Rica, 9 days starting at $1449*
- Embark on a guided walking tour above the forest floor on a leisurely-paced “Hanging Bridges” tour. Get a different perspective on the cloud forest’s unique ecosystem, its mammals, birds, plants and flora.
- Spot indigenous wildlife on a Cano Negro river boat cruise.
- Enjoy the tropical landscapes and breathtaking scenery surrounding Arenal Volcano.
- Take a tour of the Doka Coffee Estate that highlights the history and cultivation of coffee and its importance to the Costa Rican economy.
Discover Panama, 9 days starting at $1749*
- Traverse the Panama Canal through two locks aboard the Pacific Queen and learn about this engineering marvel.
- Travel by dugout canoe to an indigenous village and learn about their traditional culture, homebuilding and handicrafts.
- Visit Casco Antiguo, the Old Quarter of Panama City, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Hawaiian Adventure, 10 days starting at $3099*
- Remember Pearl Harbor as you visit the USS Arizona Memorial.
- Stand in awe before the breathtaking Waimea Canyon, considered the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.”
- Experience one of Hawaii’s best Polynesian luaus featuring endless tropical drinks and a scrumptious feast.
- Stop in the surfing town of Haleiwa and learn why surfers gather from all over the world with waves ranging from 2 to 40 feet!
To book your tour, visit www.gocollette.com or call 855-370-8687.
*Rates are per person, land only, double occupancy.
World’s Leading Luxury Cruise Line Marks Silver Milestone in 2015
with 20th World Cruise, More Maiden Calls, and Other Treats for Guests
Celebrating two and a half decades as a leader in luxury travel, Crystal Cruises is embarking upon a year of commemorative celebrations, cruises hosted by the company’s leadership – both past and present – plus much more. That is, more itineraries (63) sailing to more ports of call (224) in more countries (65), including more than double the number of maiden calls (24) in 2014.
Kicking off Crystal’s 25th Anniversary is the line’s first-ever circumnavigation of the globe. The 108-day, round-trip Miami “Silver Celebration World Cruise,” begins January 14, 2015 on Crystal Serenity and is the line’s 20th annual epic journey. Crystal Symphony begins 2015 immersed in a dazzling Asia series featuring Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, China and Japan. In addition to the new and favorite highlights of the year’s global itineraries, new onboard entertainment and amenities, plus enriching experiences ashore punctuate travelers’ Crystal experiences in the coming year.
“A hallmark of Crystal’s philosophy for more than two decades has been to pioneer new programs, amenities, experiences and destinations, offering luxury travelers a truly unique journey each time they step aboard a Crystal ship,” says Crystal president and COO, Edie Rodriguez. “In 2015, we’re continuing that philosophy, pushing the limits and visiting new locales while celebrating the unchanging values that have made us the best in the world.”
Of the 224 ports scheduled in 65 countries, two dozen of them are brand new for Crystal ships. The line’s unprecedented calls include lesser-known locales like Albany, Australia; Ambodifotatra and Taolanaro, Madagascar; Arrecife, Canary Islands; Richards Bay, South Africa; Sanary-sur-Mer, France; Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; Souda Bay/Chania, Greece; Aomori, Japan; Archangel, Korsakov and Solovetsky Islands, Russian Federation; Belawan, Indonesia; Rijeka, Croatia; Bodø, Narvik and Øye/Hjørundfjord, Norway; Helgoland, Germany; Londonderry/Greencastle and Galway, Ireland; Kochi, Japan; Sanya, China and Scarborough, Trinidad and Tobago.
On board, guests can revel in the celebration of Crystal’s 25th Anniversary with special parties and receptions and European voyages hosted by Rodriguez and the company’s Chairman Nōbuyoshi Kuzuya. Additionally, the festivities continue on four Trans-Atlantic, South America and Asia itineraries hosted by long beloved Crystal captains Glenn Edvardsen, Reidulf Maalen, Helge Brudvik and John Økland.
The lineup of festive occasions adds to the growing list of features guests can enjoy in 2015 both on board and ashore:
- Crystal Symphony Makeover: Crystal Symphony emerged from a $20 million-plus dry dock redesign in the fall, featuring a new outdoor Fitness Garden; new equipment in the indoor Fitness Center; new designs in the main lobby area and bar; redesigned spa and casino spaces; additional PURE allergy-friendly staterooms and technological upgrades.
- “My Life: The Music of Billy Joel.”: The newest show aboard Crystal Serenity pays tribute to Grammy Legend Award recipient and Songwriters Hall of Fame inductee, Billy Joel. Led by James Fox, who starred as the “The Piano Man” in the Broadway smash hit Movin Out, the 45 minute performance features more than a dozen timeless hits including “New York State of Mind”, “Uptown Girl”, “She’s Always a Woman to Me” and, of course, “Piano Man.” The Galaxy Orchestra and more of Crystal’s own acclaimed musicians, vocalists and dancers are featured alongside Fox.
- Late Risers’ Adventures: Crystal recently introduced a collection of shore-side excursions scheduled especially for travelers who don’t want to miss the adventures ashore – or their beauty sleep. The “Late Risers” excursion offer the same enriching experiences in the world’s most stunning and significant destinations, beginning at 11:00 a.m. or noon, depending on the itinerary.
- Sightseeing on the Run: In response to a growing active traveler quotient, guests can now see the sights – and maintain fitness — with Crystal’s new “Site Running” Adventures.
- Free Wi-Fi: Crystal Society members (our “club” of repeat guests) receive 60 minutes of complimentary internet access for every day of the cruise. For example, a 10-day cruise will offer 600 free minutes per person (or 1,200 free minutes per couple), a 12-day cruise offers 720 free minutes per person (or 1,440 free minutes per couple), a 14-day cruise offer 840 free minutes (or 1,680 free minutes per couple), etc., which can be used any time throughout the voyage.
Crystal Cruises is the world’s leading luxury cruise provider, having earned more “World’s Best” awards than any other cruise line, hotel, or resort in history.
Complimentary Amenities Elevate What is Already the Most Luxurious Experience at Sea
175th Celebration Package with Complimentary Balcony Upgrades Also Available
To celebrate Cunard Line’s 175th Anniversary and the storied Queens Grill and Princess Grill tradition, the company announces The Grills Inclusive Package, featuring an array of complimentary amenities, elevating what is already an unsurpassed level of elegance at sea aboard flagship Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth. The Grills Inclusive Package is available for bookings made from 18 December 2014 to 28 February 2015. Grills passengers will enjoy a number of complimentary services and amenities such as a wine package, Internet minutes, a keepsake photo, a specialty coffee card, gratuities and an alternative dining credit. Britannia guests will also have something to celebrate with a 175th Celebration Package offering complimentary Balcony upgrades and Onboard Credit.
For the 11th consecutive year, Travel Weekly readers have named Cunard Line’s flagship Queen Mary 2 as “Best Luxury Cruise Ship” in the prestigious trade magazine’s 2014 Readers Choice Awards.
“It is indeed a high compliment for Cunard and Queen Mary 2 to be recognized year after year by Travel Weekly’s readers as the best luxury ship in the world,” said Richard Meadows, president of Cunard Line North America. “We are especially thrilled for Queen Mary 2, as it is a wonderful way to conclude her 10th anniversary year in 2014.”
Cunard Line’s iconic Transatlantic Crossing has appealed to a broad range of sophisticated travellers with a love of glamour, elegance and tradition for nearly 175 years. Each Crossing aboard Queen Mary 2 features a series of Royal Nights themed balls on the largest dance floor at sea in the Queens Room, and the Royal Court Theatre presents West End-style musical revues and guest performers.
To celebrate Cunard’s 175th Anniversary in 2015 and the storied Grills experience, the company is offering The Grills Inclusive Package featuring an array of complimentary amenities, elevating what is already an unsurpassed level of elegance at sea. The Grills Inclusive Package is available from 23 December 2014 to 28 February 2015. Grills passengers will enjoy a number of complimentary services and amenities such as a wine package, Internet minutes, a keepsake photo, a specialty coffee card, gratuities and an alternative dining credit. Britannia guests will also have something to celebrate with a 175th Anniversary Package offering complimentary balcony upgrades.
The winners of the 12th Annual Travel Weekly Readers Choice Awards were honoured Tuesday, 16 December, at a gala awards dinner and ceremony at the Plaza Hotel in New York City. Winners were selected in 62 categories in the airline, car, hospitality, rail, GDS, agent education, tour, cruise, destination and theme park sectors.
“Travel is on course to become the largest industry in the world, with more than 1 billion people crossing international borders every year.” said Arnie Weissmann, editor in chief of Travel Weekly. “Somebody has to counsel, transport, entertain, enlighten and house all these travelers, and the Readers Choice Awards winners are the very best at doing just that.”
For more information about Queen Mary 2 and to book a voyage, contact your Travel Consultant, call Cunard toll-free at 1-800-728-6273, or visit www.cunard.com
About Queen Mary 2
Christened by Her Majesty The Queen in 2004, Cunard Line’s flagship Queen Mary 2 defines luxury travel for the 21st Century and continues an almost 175-year legacy of Transatlantic travel. Queen Mary 2 achieved her 200th Transatlantic Crossing in July 2013 and celebrated her 10th Anniversary in 2014. Famous names who have experienced this iconic voyage since 2004 include President George H.W. Bush, Desmond Tutu, James Taylor, Wes Anderson, Tilda Swinton, George Takei, Kim Novak, Uma Thurman, Richard Dreyfuss, John Cleese and Angela Bassett.